Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Chantix - The dream drug


I'm smoking while I write this review because you can smoke on Chantix for the first 2 weeks. I've taken Chantix before and it helped me quit smoking without cravings until I ran out of shipment from my dealer. Quitting anything is difficult, but quitting smoking seems almost worthless when you look at the sheer statistics of failed attempts. I want to quit smoking again now. I tried cold turkey for a few days before I broke down. I tried the nicotine gum and became a gum addict. Smoking smells bad on my clothes, stains my teeth and leaves me winded. Also I just learned the other day that smoking is linked to cancer? I know right.

People look cool in movies smoking because they don't care. It is associated with freedom and rebelliousness. The movies don't show you that an addict is the complete opposite of free. An addict is dependent and enslaved. One day maybe the lead rebel will chew on a carrot stick and be cool as hell but that day is not today and I don't care what you say.. you know smoking looks cool.. even if it isn't.

Chantix is a drug that helps people quit smoking. Smoking kills people slowly each day taking minutes from their lives. Chantix is catching some bad press lately because people have been killing themselves on it. Suicides are a pretty quick way to die. This scares me a bit but I don't notice any differences in mood on Chantix. I still love and hate life just about the same.

Chantix vs. Nicotine
Nicotine is a terribly addictive drug.

Chantix is a wonderful drug because it is non habit forming and allows you to have very vivid dreams. I love remembering my dreams. I've heard people complaining about Chantix giving them nightmares. People that have nightmares have unsolved issues that come out in the form of dreams. They probably have nightmares every night but just don't remember them. Chantix can't be blamed for this. I have awesome dreams on Chantix and would continue taking it while smoking just for the benefit of dream retention alone. But it turns out as an added benefit Chantix makes smoking cigarettes unappealing.

How it works
One day your usual habit of smoking just doesn't work for you anymore. One day the taste of the cigarette is no good. You would have killed someone for a cigarette yesterday but today you calmly just say no. You lose the cravings. There isn't any withdrawal or sense of loss. You inhale the cigarette just like you once did but it doesn't provide the pleasure that it once did. What an amazing drug and one that helps you to remember your dreams while making smoking unappealing. At $6.50 a pack this is a drug my pocket could get used to as well. I recommend Chantix to everyone but please be careful to monitor your moods and state of being while taking Chantix. If you start thinking that life is no longer worth living I would recommend quickly smoking cigarettes and seeking help from a mental physician.

Happy dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment